Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Our Paleo

 So, this is what we have been doing. We have been eating paleo, meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, some fruit and nuts, and little starch, and trying to eat non processed food. No sugar, legumes, dairy except clarified butter every once in a while. We have been focusing on eating three meals a day and trying to minimize snacking. This helps on late night food cravings which I have always had.  
Previously we had been taking supplements. BCAA's, glutamine, creatine, fish oil, and powder whey protien everyday. We have stopped taking all supplements at this point. Fish oil will be added back when we find the best ones for the value. The rest of the supplements will be added one at a time every two weeks following the end of our Whole 30 challenge. We have been eating real food for our post wod nutrition.
One of the biggest challenges I have taken on is cutting back on coffee. I was drinking about a pot and a half by myself everyday. I have cut back to 3 cups a day right now and plan on getting rid of it completely for right now. Once I break my caffeine addiction I will limit myself to two cups a day with the potential of pre workout caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment